Scholarships ranging from $200 to $10,000 are available. Fill out the scholarship form now.
Scholarships are awarded to those who are admitted to Welch College, so the sooner you apply, the sooner we can award you your scholarship!
|Scholarships||ACT Score||SAT Score||Annual Scholarship|
|Presidential Honors Scholarship*||32-36||2050+||$10,000|
*Applicable for first time in college students only.
|Transfer GPA||Annual Award|
|3.6 and up*||$6,000|
|3.1 to 3.59*||$4,000|
|2.6 to 3.0*||$2,000|
*Applicable for new transfer students only.
This $2,500 per year award is available to students whose fathers are the primary pastors of a Free Will Baptist church in the U.S. Eligible students must also meet the following criteria: live at home with parents who provide at least half of the students’ support, are under 24 years of age-plan to live in one of Welch College’s dormitories-plan to register for a minimum of 12 hours per semester.
Scholarship Applications are available from the Financial Aid Office.
The wife or husband of a full-time student (taking 12 hours or more at full tuition) may register at half tuition for up to an equal amount of hours.
The Bert and Dianne Tippett Alumni Scholarship is awarded each year to a child or grandchild of a Welch College Alumnus. Applications and reference forms are due May 31.
Download the Application Reference Form.
A $7,000 per year scholarship for incoming Freshmen available to Tennessee residents.
- Tennessee Resident
- 3.25 High school GPA for 7 semesters or ACT composite of 23 or SAT of 1070;
- Financial Need
- Community Service/Leadership. Application is due by May 15th.
Download the EdScholar Application Form.
Scholarships are available from donors in amounts ranging from $100 to $2,000 per year. These scholarships are granted to students selected by the College administration. Need, academic achievement, and character are considered in selecting the recipients. Please note that not all scholarships are funded each year.
- William E. and Dixie M. Atkinson Scholarship
- Berkeley Free Will Baptist Church Scholarship
- Louis and Thelma Brautigan Scholarship Fund
- Pat Burttram Memorial Scholarship
- L. D. Carlisle Scholarship
- Christian Business Leaders Association Scholarship
- Christian Education Scholarship
- Marvin Z. and Agnes M. Cobb Scholarship
- Cornerstone Free Will Baptist Church Scholarship
- Mary Wilkerson Covington Memorial Scholarship
- Reverend Robert Crawford Scholarship
- Reverend Ronald and Mary Belle Creech Scholarship
- Reverend O. L. and Lois Fields Scholarship Fund
- Riley Giddons Scholarship
- Jewel Sutton Hagewood Memorial Scholarship
- Will Hall Memorial Scholarship
- Ralph C. and Lucille Hampton Academic Scholarship
- Billy D. Hanna Pastoral Scholarship
- Carlisle and Marie Hanna Missions Scholarship
- Elba Baxter Harwell Family Scholarship Fund
- Heritage Scholarship
- Mrs. Ada C. Hollis Memorial Scholarship
- L. C. Johnson Scholarship
- Paul J. Ketteman Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Lakeview (NC) Free Will Baptist Church Scholarship
- Leckrone/Bethel Scholarship
- Legacy Scholarship (institutional)
- Lowdermilk Scholarship
- William H. Lowe Memorial Scholarship
- Charles McNeese Memorial Scholarship
- Jesse Meade Memorial Scholarship
- Mrs. Gertrude Reese Montgomery Memorial Scholarship
- NYC Competition Winners’ Scholarships (institutional)
- Dr. W. Stanley Outlaw Biblical Studies Scholarship
- Tilden and Rosalie Parks Scholarship 3
- Henry and Imogene Patterson Memorial Scholarship
- Emila Patton Memorial Scholarship
- Yvonne Philpot Memorial Music Scholarship
- Reverend and Mrs. L. V. Pinson Scholarship
- Reverend Henry L. “Roy” Player Memorial Missions Scholarship
- Fannie L. Polston Scholarship
- Ashlee Powelka Missionary Scholarship
- Price/Kicklighter Memorial Scholarship
- Ada Rice Memorial Scholarship
- Helen Sanders Memorial Fund
- Sherwood Forest Free Will Baptist Church Scholarship Fund
- Linda Shipley Music Scholarship
- Judy Aycock Simpson Scholarship
- Simpson-Frazier Scholarship
- Spouse Scholarship (institutional)
- Reverend and Mrs. Ralph Staten Scholarship
- Rebecca Stewart Scholarship
- Sturgill Family Business Administration Scholarship
- J. A. Thigpen Scholarship
- Dr. Jonathan Thigpen Scholarship
- Owen Thomas Scholarship Fund
- TICUA-UPS Scholars Scholarship
- Victory (NC) Free Will Baptist Church Scholarship
- Leah Waddell Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Webb’s Prarie Fund
- Minnie S. Wilkinson Memorial Scholarship
- Homer Willis Music Scholarship
- Herbert Winchester Memorial Scholarship
- Dr. Robert E. Woodard Pastoral Ministry Scholarship
Several loan funds are available to help needy students. Maximum loan per semester is $2,000; maximum cumulative loan debt is $6,300. Also see the section on Private Loan Funds.
- Alabama Student Loan Fund
- Clarence Bazen Student Loan Fund
- Reverend Melvin Bingham Memorial Student Loan Fund
- Ernest Bowen Memorial Student Loan Fund
- Brazil-Uruguay Student Loan Fund
- Clarence E. and Laura Jane Coker Student Loan Fund
- Jeffrey Edwards Memorial Student Loan Fund
- Floyd County Conference Student Loan Fund
- Dot Harvey Student Loan Fund
- Hearthstone Builders Student Loan Fund
- Reverend John M. Henson Memorial Student Loan Fund
- Hibbett’s Educational Student Loan Fund
- Chris and Linda Cook Hummel Student Loan Fund
- Dr. and Mrs. L. C. Johnson Alumni Student Loan Fund
- Kentucky Bluegrass Conference Student Loan Fund
- Karmen Kibby Memorial Student Loan Fund
- Ronella King Student Loan Fund
- Ray Lee Student Loan Fund
- Don Lombard Student Loan Fund
- Mt. Harmony Free Will Baptist Church Loan Fund
- North Carolina Student Loan Fund
- Oaklawn Memorial Loan Fund
- Polston-Baggett Memorial Loan Fund
- Phyllis Rivers Memorial Student Loan Fund
- Smith Student Loan Fund
- Student Loan Investment Plan (Commuter students)
- William J. and Stewart Waggoner Memorial Loan Fund
- Alma Weatherford Student Loan Fund
- Alice, Paul, and Nelle Woolsey Educational Fund
- College Student Loan Fund which includes:
- The Olivet Student Loan Fund
- Zela B. Haynes Loan Fund
- Lake City Loan Fund
- Mr. & Mrs. John Moody Memorial Loan Fund
The job market in Nashville is extremely conducive to students who need to finance their education. The college maintains a Job Bank, a list of area businesses where Welch College students can expect to find openings. Nashville employers have traditionally favored Welch College students. On-campus student workers typically work 10-12 hours per week. These jobs are awarded according to financial need. On-campus job applications are kept in the Financial Aid Office.
Welch College does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, color, national and ethnic origin, age, or disability in admitting students or in otherwise administering its educational policies and school-sponsored programs.