Admission of a homeschooler to Welch College requires the same documentation as any other Welch College freshman applicant. In lieu of a high school transcript, a homeschooling record or transcript is required. Welch College recognizes homeschool transcripts under parental authorization. Umbrella school and correspondence school transcripts are also accepted.
The student must complete the following steps to be admitted to the college:
- Complete the Application for Admission
- as part of the completed application, the student must submit a written essay, giving personal testimony of their salvation experience
- the student must also provide reasons for desiring to attend the college
- Submit the names and contact information for two non-family personal references
- Submit the name of a pastoral reference
- Submit a transcript of high school credits
- students making application during their senior year may submit credits completed through their junior year
- Arrange to take the ACT or SAT test and have the score sent to Welch
- if a student scores below a 19 on the math portion of the ACT s/he will be required to take remedial math
- ACT institutional code - 3961
- SAT institutional code - 1232
Once the student submits an application s/he will receive a letter of provisional acceptance.
Full Acceptance will be granted once the admissions committee reviews the student's application file and determines to grant full acceptance.
Welch College does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, color, national and ethnic origin, age, or disability in admitting students or in otherwise administering its educational policies and school-sponsored programs.