Tippett Alumni Scholarship
The Bert and Dianne Tippett Scholarships are awarded each July at the Free Will Baptist National Convention. Applications, reference forms, and personal essay for this scholarship must be submitted to the Finacial Aid Office at Welch College no later than May 31st
Criteria for the Bert and Dianne Tippett Alumni Scholarship
1. The applicant must be a descendant of an alumnus (child or grandchild).
2. The applicant must have applied for federal aid using the Free Application
for Federal Student Aid for the award year in which the scholarship applies.
3. The student must have maintained a cumulative GPA of 2.5
4. The applicant must be enrolled as a full-time student (taking at least 12 hours).
5.The applicant must stay in school the entire semester in order to receive the scholarship. (The scholarship will be applied to the student’s account just prior to the final exams that semester.)
6. Application and all references must be postmarked by April 15 in order to be considered.
The Application Process
- Church Life: Pastor, Deacon, Sunday School Teacher, Youth Worker
- Academic Life: Teacher, Principal, Coach, Counselor, or other school official
- Other: Your choice, such as Employer, Community Leader, or a Friend
The Essay should include:
- Personal History - (salvation experience, family composition, and work experiences.
- Reasons for Coming to Welch College
- Current Involvement in Ministry - Include information on your Christian service, church and community involvement, and ther volunteer activities.
- Future Plans - Include your specific goals in life and/or ministry.
Please take note of the following
- Failure to submit the application and Reference letters by the deadline will result in disqualification.
- The personal essay and reference letters must be postmarked by May 31st.
- It is the applicant's responsibility to be sure all references are submitted by the deadline.
- The most current GPA should be reported at the time application is made.
Mail essay and reference forms to:
Tippett Alumni Scholarship Committee
3606 West End Avenue
Nashville, TN 37205