We know you are a working adult.
We know you are busy.
Our Enriched Studies program makes it easy for you
to come back to college and finish your degree.
Maybe this is the part of the story where you start pursuing a new calling. Maybe this is the part of the story where you get that promotion, get out of the cubicle, get the degree you started years ago but never finished. Maybe this is the part of the story where your faith deepens and you find yourself newly prepared and energized to serve your church and defend your faith.
The Welch College Adult Degree Program is designed around people like you—working adults who are ready for a new chapter.
What makes the Welch College
Enriched Adult Studies Program Unique?
- A Distinctive, Deliberately Christian Worldview. We believe that every person’s story fits into the grand Story that God is writing. That belief shapes everything we do.
- Excellent Professors. We don’t farm out teaching duties to third-party vendors or teaching assistants. We’re bringing our best professors to the Enriched Adult Studies Program.
- Smaller Class Size and a Genuine Sense of Community. On average, a class in Welch’s Enriched Adult Studies Program consists of 10 students. Our students get to know each other.
- Competitive Price. At $348 per credit hour, the Enriched Adult Studies Program is one of the more affordable higher education options in Middle Tennessee.
- On-campus Weekend Collaboratives to build knowledge and expand community
- We value your experience. Credit for life experience options available
- Specific and individualized degree pathway for each student. This plan will help you know what to expect from your program of study and give you a plan to complete on-time.
- Internship options and placement assistance available
The Enriched Adult Studies Program meets the needs of:
- Those who have started, but who have not completed a college degree.
- Those who want to take college courses for personal enrichment or professional development.
- Those 23 years of age or older.
Courses are offered in six-week sessions, one night a week, with two Saturday collaboratives each session. Enriches Adult Studies students may also take online courses as part of their programs.
Manufacturing and Supply Chain Logistics*
Health Care Management *
Ministry – Spanish Language
Associate of Arts in Teaching*
Associate of Science in Biology
(leads to 2+2 BS Nursing with Union or Belmont Universities)
Associate of Science in Business
Associate of Science in Ministry
Bachelor of Science in Business
Bachelor of Science in General Christian Ministry
Teacher Education Post-Baccalaureate Program
*Pending Accreditor Approval
Degree-seeking students must complete the Welch Application for Admission to a Degree Program. Official transcripts will be required for those hoping to enroll in the Post-Baccalaureate Teacher Licensure program and for verification of all other transfer credit.
Adults who are pursuing the Spanish Language Certificate or Elective Concentrations in Health Care Management, Supply Chain Logistics, or Banking-Finance must complete the Welch Application for Admission to Adult Studies Courses.
Each course is 6 weeks and requires either:
- 1 night, afternoon, or Saturday morning or afternoon per week class attendance (either on campus or at your work facility when courses are offered there)
- Online interaction on other days during the week
- Required On-campus collaborative attendance on a Saturday morning or afternoon
*NOTE: Some Teacher Education classes may meet one night a week for the entire semester or Friday evening/Saturday sessions throughout the semester.
Some students will be able to finish an associates degree in five semesters or less, depending on previous college work. Plan on 8 semesters or 4 years for the bachelor degree – (as a full time student, of course.)
Yes. This is not an accelerated program.
- Financial aid is available for all students
- First 3 courses (all students) – $250 per credit hour
- Elective Concentrations (applies to non-degree seeking students only) and Spanish Language Ministry Certificate – $250 per credit hour
- AS, BS degree programs – $348 per credit hour (2016 – 2017 rate)
- Tuition includes all fees, the cost of all required textbooks, and meals for nights or Saturdays when student is on campus
- Students who enroll in 2016 – 2017 will lock in tuition rate at $348 as long as they continuously enroll
- Scholarships available: TBA
- Student Loans: TBA
Yes, it is possible to transfer college credit hours from other accredited institutions.
For a Welch bachelor’s degree, students must have completed at least 45 undergraduate hours at an accredited institution to enroll in a degree completion program (BS General Christian Ministries, BS Business). Official student transcripts must be reviewed to determine undergraduate leveling work that must be completed. In some cases leveling work may be waived for students who have completed 60 or more undergraduate hours.
Welch Enhanced Adult Studies students may apply to receive up to 6 hours credit for professional experience. A professional portfolio documenting professional experience will be required and must meet CAEL requirements.
Welch College is both regionally and nationally accredited and is a member of the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) by virtue of either of these. It is approved by the Tennessee State Department of Education to offer degrees leading to teacher education licensure in grades PreK-12.
Welch College is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate, baccalaureate, and master’s degrees. Contact or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Welch College. (Note: Other than for general inquiries the Commission on Colleges should be contacted only if there is evidence that appears to support an institution’s significant non-compliance with a requirement or standard.)
The College is also accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of the Association for Biblical Higher Education to grant degrees at the associate, bachelor, and master’s levels. Contact the Commission on Accreditation of the Association for Biblical Higher Education at 5850 T.G. Lee Blvd., Suite 130, Orlando, Florida 37822 or call 407-207-0808 for questions about the accreditation of Welch College.
The College is also approved by the State of Tennessee, which provides for its students to participate in grants and loans provided by Tennessee, the Tennessee State Approving Agency for the training of veterans and their eligible dependents, and is a member of the Tennessee Reconnect network.
Welch College is a member of the Tennessee Independent Colleges and Universities Association (TICUA), The Tennessee College Association, the Association of Christian Schools International, and the Council for Independent Colleges.